22.5.2023, 18-20, Iwalewahaus Bayreuth and online
A Bayreuth Peace Talk hosted by the UBT Peace and Conflict Research Network and the IAS. Online participation is possible!
Since April 15th 2023, the armed conflict between the Sudan Armed Forces (SAF) and the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) has killed hundreds and wounded and displaced thousands more. Four years after the Sudanese Revolution succeeded in ousting long-time head-of-state Omar al-Bashir, it has also brutally shattered the hopes of Sudan’s courageous civil society in the emergence of a new socio-political era. Four Sudan(ese) experts will share with us how they interpret and relate to the current situation, and what they deem crucial for grasping and addressing it.
- Samah Khalaf Allah, MA, Doctoral researcher, Africa Multiple Cluster, University of Bayreuth
- Prof. em. Kurt Beck, former Chair of Anthropology, University of Bayreuth
- Prof. Elshifa Mohammednour Elamin, Omdurman Ahlia University, Sudan
- Dr. Bakheit Nur, Post-doctoral fellow and ethnologist, Africa Multiple Cluster, University of Bayreuth
- Dr. Joschka Philipps, JRG Leader Africa Multiple Cluster & UBT Peace and Conflict Studies Network, University of Bayreuth
- Prof. Dr. Rüdiger Seesemann, Professor for lslamic Studies & Dean of the Africa Multiple Cluster, University of Bayreuth
For online participation, register here. You will receive the Zoom link on the day of the event.
Hosted by the UBT Peace and Conflict Research Network and the Institute of African Studies (IAS), together with the Cluster of Excellence – “Africa Multiple”, the Postcolonial Hierarchies project, and the Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF).